Monday, October 7, 2013

Red Phoenix at the Indie Romance Convention!

Authors Kallypso Masters (middle), Annabel Joseph and me :)
I had the pleasure of meeting more fans at IRC in TN!

Indie Romance Convention marked several new experiences for me as a writer! It was my first time as a featured author, my first time speaking on a panel, my first time winning and accepting awards for my work, and my first time being part of a convention book signing.

Here are a few photos of the event. Thank you to all the fans who attended. You made it so very special for me. Big hugs!!!

Gift basket



There was a BDSM demonstration the first night of the conference given by a D/s couple. It included the violet wand, light flogging, and common household instruments that could be used as sensual tools. It was informative and fun.


The three of us sponsored the event and provided gift baskets.


Looking at my man


This is a favorite pic of mine. I am up at the podium looking at my hubby at the back of the room. I am so in love with that man.

He was incredibly helpful the entire conference. I wouldn't have had such a successful weekend without his loving support.





Winning fan-based awards!




Thanking fans for all their encouragement, generosity and many kindnesses. I owe my success to you!





My very first panel


My panel cherry was popped at IRC.

What an honor to share what I have learned with fellow authors.





Ready and waiting for fans




At the book signing! I was so blessed to have many fans come to get their books signed. I thank you for your enthusiasm.

FYI, I also thank you for your patience. I am still new at this. Some day I will be able to talk and sign a book at the same time - I hope.  ;)


The room just before the party...






Had a private party in the hotel room with my awesome fans. It was complete with a chocolate fountain. Yum! Both my hubby and I loved the discussions and life-giving laughter.









Everyone put on a Red Phoenix tat and showed it off for the camera. I love that they don't mind being silly with me! <3

Showing off our tats!


I love my peeps, best fans in the world!

10 comments:

  1. WOW what a weekend. Is was so nice meeting you and your hubby. I love it when I finally meet an author I love and they are just so genuine and honest! Thanks again for the appetizers at lunch too! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, thank you for the awesome pics! As you can see, I love that one of the book signing. Such a pleasure to meet you, sup with you and enjoy the gift of your wine. You are such a kind and talented person!

      ~Red

      Delete
  2. A true fan girl weekend for me! You and your husband were so gracious to share your time with all of the rest of us and for that I truly thank you! My autographed books have a place of honor at home here! You are one of the most kind, humble, funny, silly, and inspiring women I now know! Thank you again for making this aspiring writer's first convention so memorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is true what they say, you attract what you send out. I must be sending something special out, because the people who consider themselves fans of my work are some of the most amazing people I've ever met! Hugs, Melanie!

      ~Red

      Delete
  3. The highlight of my weekend was spending time with you your wonderful husband and all of the crazy Red readers. Could not have been any better. Thanks for the AWESOME memories. Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I am honored you feel that way, Mamawolf. :)

      I love my crazy, awesome fans too!

      ~Red

      Delete
  4. Love the pics and the fun showing on all faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really do have fun, Marla. Can't wait until you are in one of these pics!

      ~Red

      Delete
  5. such a fun time with you!!! Smooches!!! Angie J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smooches back, sweetie. Loved spending so much time with you!!!

      ~Red

      Delete