Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Red's Editor and Friend: Tameika Ortiz

Tameika Ortiz

A few months ago I blogged about my horrible editing skills and that's when Tameika Ortiz emailed me offering her expertise. The stories you love (including the Brie series) have been improved by Tameika's magic touch.

As far as the storyline, I totally count on her to give it to me straight. She tells me where my characters are lacking, details that need to be added or conversations that need a little tweaking. She does all that in the kindest, most encouraging way. I love getting her emails!

I had one book, Blissfully Broken, which had its publishing date postponed because of Tameika's dedication to me as a writer. She told me that she didn't feel the story was quite there yet and that it didn't have the "Red Phoenix" feel to it. Despite my disappointment, her words rang true and a month later I finally published the novelette - one that is very much Red Phoenix. ;)

Another example of her "magic" is found in the story Brie Lives Her Fantasy. She suggested I detail the Rytsar's physique and include a tattoo. What would that sexy Dom be without his dragon tattoo? She also suggested that the man rip off his clothes as he stalks Brie. That has got to be one of the sexiest scenes in the book! Those small but essential details give the extra "punch" in the scene to make it more memorable.

I count on Tameika to open my eyes to simple changes that ensure my characters remain consistent and make individual scenes pop!

If you would like to contact Tameika for a little indie encouragement or help here is a link to her website: Indie Edits

Oh, there is one more thing: Tameika has a wickedly fun sense of humor!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Tameika!

    So nice to see (and meet) the woman behind the hard work and completion process! You are excellent! Keep up the great work and know you are appreciated (greatly). As a big fan of Red's work I feel you should know I'm a fan of yours too :)

    ~Ava~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ava,

      Thanks...I really appreciate your kind words! Don't make me blush girl!
      I've seen you out there in e-pub world, writing those great reviews... You should start a Erotica Review Column/Blog...we can band together, and make you the Anna Quindlen of Erotica !

      Delete
    2. Hi Tameika,
      LOL- Guess you're getting me back now (*blushing away). Thank you for taking notice. It means a lot to me. I actually just joined forces with Danielle over at Romance Book Junkies (Literally just this past Sunday). Loving it so far. Come by a pay us a visit anytime http://romancebookjunkies.blogspot.com/
      I love the name "Anna Quindlen of Erotica"!
      I think my head just got too big for my shoulders-LOL

      It really is great to meet you. I hope to see more of you :)

      ~Ava~

      Delete