Friday, July 27, 2012

You Know You've Made It When You Become Grocery Store Talk

"I googled it, Sir"~Brie
If you have read Brie Practices Her Oral Skills, then you know the humorous line, "I googled it, Sir," spoken by Brie in front of the panel of trainers. We have joked on my FB page that it would be fun if women everywhere knew the meaning of it and used that line with others. It would be like our secret code...

I never really thought it would happen until one of my fans, Victoria Webster, shared a story with me last night. Rather than retell it, I will repost it in her own words:


Just now in the grocery store...

Friend #1: I can't believe you read that stuff!
Friend #2: 50 shades is not smut!
#1: Yes, it is!
#2: it's like a manual. John and I have never been so adventurous!
#1: is that why you need lube? you are going to hell!
#2: more like the red room of pain.
Me: giggling...
#2: really, the ideas are endless. And I found this new author who is better! It's this story about this girl named Brie...
#1: I don't want to know.
# 2: I mean I couldn't put it down. I read the whole thing in one night.
Me: I googled it, sir!
#2: high fives me and hysterical laughter ensues.
#1: saunters off to the meats.

I never thought that Brie (much less the line "I googled it, Sir.") would actually become common chatter at a grocery store. That signifies true success to this little indie author!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome & AFRIGGINMAZING! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so incredibly cool, Red! I love it!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys, I am seriously amazed and pleased. :) Thank you for the support!

    ~Red

    ReplyDelete