Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Don't Settle for Cheap Imitations

Copycats Cheat Readers
Bootleg Authors Abound

Ever heard the saying, "Those who can't, teach." *

Well, those who can't write, steal. 

My fans have alerted me to several imposters taking the idea of the Submissive Training Center and attempting to copy it for their own gains. Now, no idea is truly original but when you have enough commonalities between storylines, it becomes painfully obvious that an author is trying to ride on the coattails of another. In my opinion, that is unfair to readers hungry for quality books. You simply cannot write passionate text if you are copying another writer's work.

Another ploy is to use words in a popular title to attract unsuspecting fans. There is a book with Brie in the title. Now, I do not hold a copyright on the name but when the author uses Brie in the title and then tags the poorly written piece of work with my name, I find it offensive. Especially, when fans unknowingly buy the "book" thinking I wrote it.

My advice to readers If you read a book that is truly a waste of your time and copies a similar book, take the time to warn other readers. Fellow book lovers will thank you for it.

* BTW I personally disagree with that statement. Go teachers! :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading erotica for quite a while now (and writing it too) and I can say that your Brie series is at the very top of my favorites list! I've got them all (yeah Smashwords!) and had an amazing Saturday night reading them (up until 3am-got to #6 and made myself stop, I wanted to let it sink in and slow down to savor them). Absolutely beautiful! And, BTW if/when you put them into one compilation I'll be first in line to get my copy! Brie is on my keeper shelf!

    ReplyDelete