Monday, February 2, 2015

Red Phoenix: EL James Opened the Doors for Couples to Communicate About Sex


I'm very excited about the upcoming movie "50 Shades of Grey", and personally wish EL James much success.

I am deeply grateful to her because BDSM isn't a dirty word anymore, erotica is cool, and talking to people about your sexual desires is no longer taboo. Heck, little old ladies in beauty salons are chatting about 50 Shades and what they like and didn't like!

I had no idea who EL James was when I started writing Brie Learns the Art of Submission, but I would months later because of all the 50 Shade fans who were curious and wanting to know more about the lifestyle she introduced in her series.

For me, the biggest benefit to this phenomenon has been couples talking to one another - finally talking. As I have learned after 20 years of marriage, once you let your guard down and share your sexual fantasies with your partner, a whole new world of exploration opens up. I've never been closer to my husband, and we still have a lifetime of exploration to enjoy!

I honestly hope the movie does well, and that fans of her books are well-pleased with the results. The fact is EL James' continued success means more couples talking and exploring that intimate side of themselves - and frankly, that is the most valuable blessing of all.

Here's to a kickass February 14th debut, Ms. James!

~Red Phoenix




No comments:

Post a Comment