Thursday, October 4, 2012

Songs That Enhance the Brie Experience ~ Red Phoenix

Like most authors, I listen to music as I write and am inspired by certain tunes. I thought fans of the Brie Series might enjoy hearing the songs I listened to while creating her story, and what each piece meant to me.

 

Surprisingly, up until Brie #5, I didn't really rely on particular tunes - and then came Brie Practices Her Oral Skills and the music began to have its influence...

 

 

Promises by Nero speaks to Brie's angst.
She loves Sir and thinks if she can just wait it out they will be together, but their situation is unraveling her young heart.


I totally fell in love with the song Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. This was the song I used when I wrote the scenes with Tono Nosaka. 
He is falling hard for Brie, but showing great restraint.


When I heard Spectrum by Zedd I got chills. This song speaks to Sir's inner struggle concerning Brie.
As Headmaster of the training center, he is forced to abide by the rules of the institution even though he is irresistibly drawn to her.


 I sought out a song for Faelan and found it in You are Mine by Mute Math. 
He is captivated the moment Brie falls in his arms. He is naturally talented, but unaware of his calling until the right person happens along...


Of course there are some hot scenes in Brie, so I often enjoyed the naughtiness of Adam Lambert's For Your Entertainment. You might think this belongs to Marquis Gray but he does not just play, he teaches. ;)
This song is just wicked fun!


The song Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova moved me to tears. This melody carried me away as I wrote the last scene of Brie. 
The moment she makes her final choice.


Finally, when the story was finished one of my fans shared a song
 that fully expresses the emotion at of the ending. 
(Thanks Marla)


Were there songs that called to you as you read Brie? If so, please share in the comments below!
(No spoilers please) 
 ~ Red Phoenix








9 comments:

  1. Okay I have a few because when I write I have to have my playlist going on in the background and i couldn't help but have it playing when i was reading the books, so played into each scene..

    But there are a few that I think that are so fitting with these books and can go along with any of the scenes..

    Glory box by Portishead
    Remain Nameless by Florence + The Machine
    Undisclosed Desires By Muse
    Something For the Pain Red Light King
    Closer Sekklow Remix King of Leon
    REV 22:20---Puscifer
    Rocket Collecting---Milla
    Hey Pixie
    Without you Three Days Grace

    Idk why this one but I can see Sir thinking this about Brie because he can't get her out of his mind..
    Legs- Nickelback

    Mouth Bush
    The Sex is Good Saving Abel
    Change Deftones
    Wicked Game Stone Sour
    SEX Nickelback

    Good Enough Evanescence
    Silversun Panic Switch


    Okay these are just some..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have quite an amazing list there Sexy Eyes! Thoroughly enjoyed listening to these.

      I feel in love with Undisclosed Desire a while back and that song will play a part in the next Brie series (a song for Mary). Nickelback is a favorite of mine as well, Wicked Game is absolutely perfect, thank you for reminding me of that song. I am really liking Something For the Pain.

      I could go on and on about your song choices. Let me just say thank you for taking the time to post your list. I am a happy Phoenix!

      ~Red

      Delete
    2. Thank you.. Music is my muse in life and often when I listen my mood changes in whatever I happy to be writing. These were only some of the ones that I could think of while there are tons more out there on a playlist that I made a while back, however I can't log into anymore so it is lost.. (go me right) I like the ones that redo older songs and make them different like the wicked game.. should also look up HIM they are an amazing band..

      Delete
  2. Oh I've had plenty throughout the series. But the one that sticks with me most is The Only One by The Black Keys. Fitting I'd say for our Brie :)

    Here's the link if you want to take a listen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnEgHEEo21o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Ava! Truly great song. :) Thanks for sharing.

      ~Red

      Delete
  3. "Infinity" by The xx is Brie all the way in regard to her feelings for Sir.

    (Good call on "Falling Slowly", by the way. Glen and Marketa are absolutely superb together.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Violet, I think Infinity is perfect. Thank you for sharing it! Another song added to my playlist. :)

      ~Red

      Delete
  4. A fan wanted to pass on this song for Brie Practices Her Oral Skills. "Whistle" by Flo Rida.

    Thanks, Marla! :)

    ~Red

    ReplyDelete