Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Red Phoenix's 2013 Year in Review: A Year of Firsts

What an incredible year it has been! When I started 2013, I had never met a fan in person and no one knew what I looked like.

My, how things have changed in a year...

Come with me as I take you down memory lane and we reminisce the year together ~ Red Phoenix style.


January:


I started the year by publishing His Scottish Pet: Dom of the Ages, an historical BDSM book written by the Dom's point for view - a first for me. It was a challenge, but both hubby and I really enjoyed the results. ;)


By the end of the month, I published the first of the After Graduation series, Brie Pleases her New Master. When I finished Brie Learns the Art of Submission, I wasn't sure about writing a sequel. However, there was so much yet to share about the trainers, Doms, submissives and Brie herself. I took the plunge and held my breath, hoping I could do the story justice.



 February:

In February, I wrote Brie Submits to her Master and shared the stimulating joy that can be found in the electrified touch of the Violet Wand (not to be confused by the delicious Magic Wand). ;)




March:

I fulfilled a longtime dream of mine. I traveled across the ocean and visited Korea. I even took Brie on the adventure with me: Brie Travels with Red Phoenix Across the Ocean



 I finished off the month by writing one of the most popular novellas of the After Graduation series, Brie's Russian Fantasy.

 April:


Because of my amazing fans, I was honored with THREE indie awards - my first ever! 


 
  I also published the fourth in the Brie AG series, Brie Faces her Master's Fears. :) 

 May:



I had my first ever Cherry Poppin' online book tour for Brie Learns the Art of Submission.

And Reba made my first Book Trailer. I love this sexy  video!
June:


I published both Brie Learns Restraint

and

My very first Sir POV, Khan: Lasting Impressions.

July:

Not only did I publish Brie Discerns Master's Heart, but fans also raised $763 for Children's Hospital of Colorado buy purchasing the Khan POV before it went free on Amazon.

It was the first time my fans and I banded together for a good cause. Thank you for your generosity!!!



August:


It was an exciting month! I published Brie Visits Master's Italy just before I headed off to attend my first reader's conference - Authors After Dark.
 

I will never forget that moment when I met my fans. Oh my gosh, it was like love at first sight!


September:


I spent the entire month slaving away to give Brie an ending that would honor her and all of the characters in the series with Brie Surrenders her Heart.  She was everything I hoped she would become and more.





I also attended my first ever book store signing at The Book Bar in my home state of Colorado. Thanks LK Collins!






October:


It was another busy month. I published the third of the Phoenix series, Phoenix Soars, written under my pen name, Michelle Stevens (romance with a spiritual twist).

I had the pleasure of visiting the tropics for the first time in my life when I joined my hubby on a business trip to the Virgin Islands. While there I got to go on my first color run, a bucket list item for me!



I published the entire AG series into one delicious novel, Brie Embraces the Heart of Submission.The cover was unique because it was the first time I used a fan's photo, one she shot especially for me. Christina McKenzie Gwin was the genius behind the cover, along with Viola Estella, who designed it.


AND I went to my second reader's conference, Indie Romance Convention. There I was part of my first author panel with Kallypso Masters! But the very best part of that conference was the chocolate party with fans in my hotel room. Memories...


November:

I spent the month having fun with my online book tour for Brie Embraces the Heart of Submission with my fan and friend Stephanie DeLamater Phillips.

Afterwards I published the Colloring POV and included a picture of myself on the cover - squeak - another first! Brandi Rohr-Sandlin (another talented fan) designed it, and together with fans we raised another $561 for Children's Hospital of Colorado.

Christina McKenzie Gwin created a beautiful video teaser for the Brie AG novel.




December:


I published the last of of the Phoenix series, Phoenix Burning Bright. It was great fulfilling that accomplishment, as this was the series that got me started down the path of self-publishing.


I ended the year with two bucket list items. First, I had my radio cherry popped on the Eddie and Tracy Show, WLW-AM during rush hour in Cincinnati!

Here's the podcast:

http://www.700wlw.com/media/podcast-eddie-tracy-ed_tracy_/bdsm-120213-hour-3-24039599/

Then my web video cherry was popped on Huffington Post!





 
It has been a year of amazing firsts - ones I never would have imagined when I started out 2013. Thank you for being part of my journey!

Truly, I can't wait to see what 2014 will bring...

8 comments:

  1. That was quite a list! Congratulations on your incredible journey! I hope you get to have more real life book tours and maybe come to Southwest Indiana (please please). Happy New Year Red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Let's try that again... The flu seems to have effected my brain and spelling skills.

      Twistedbuny, thank you. My next tour will take me to Arkansas in July I believe, and then to Seattle in Oct. Those are my plans so far.

      Happy New you to you too, sweetie! ~Red

      Delete
  2. An impressive year. You will be hard pressed to top it. I double dog darn you ;-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mistress Red- that was an amazing 2013.

    I can ONLY imagine what will happen in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that was a truly amazing year! I enjoyed every moment of your year! Thank your for taking us with you and I wish you a spectacular 2014 ride! <3
    ~ Marla

    ReplyDelete
  5. After seeing your question on fb if the pics brought any memories that we would like to share I wrote this and I wanted to share and here:

    I could write and write for all of your 2013 pics, they all hold precious memories for me.
    I had such fun this year!! If someone told me before I meet you that I was gonna set up the alarm in the middle of the night (2,3,4 am..) to wake up to attend online parties or to listen to radio interviews, I was gonna say No Way that's happening!! I need a good night sleep so I function next working day! LOL I discovered I can function just fine! ;)
    Again if someone told me that I was gonna have many friends all over the world that I would love dearly and we would come together through an author and her books, I would have my doubts.
    I feel blessed for their friendship, and everyday of 2013 and 2014 I feel blessed knowing you and talking to you and reading your books. You are a precious gift to me and all your fans Red Phoenix. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the resources provided through the Huff Post Live post.

    ReplyDelete