Saturday, June 30, 2012

Red Phoenix: Who Are You?

Seriously, who are you?
Who am I?

I am just your average joe-ette. I worked most of my life at silly part-time jobs and one career that I really loved. However, times change and I no longer fit in that world so I've gone back to my childhood love - writing.

I am married and have kids. My children are the greatest thing I will ever do/have a part of. What a miracle kids are, even if you want to throttle them because they frustrating the crap out of you.  (I have teenagers.) But seriously, I love my kiddos. I also love my hubby - he is often the inspiration behind my male characters.

As many of you can tell, I am not an English Major. I love writing, but always found grammar to be boring and limiting. It kicks me in the butt these days as I edit my work... Funny thing is much of what I learned in school no longer holds true. I feel so betrayed!

I am a lover of the underdog. I was bullied when I was young and it has shaped me into the person I am now. I'm lucky I survived those years, some kids don't. My heart goes out to all the people suffering the scars of such treatment. Now that I have had time to reflect, my heart goes out to the bullies, too. They must be hurting units to treat others so cruelly. I will always cheer for the underdog, because they are the true winners in life.

I am a person who has made mistakes, some of them pretty big. Yet, I can't regret them because they have led me to this point and I am grateful to be where I am. I firmly believe if we learn from our mistakes and move forward then we have nothing to regret.

I am a lover of sex. Yes, there I said it. I really do. More now than ever. Writing and reading erotica will do that to a person. ;) For me personally, it has to be in a committed relationship. I can't even kiss a guy and enjoy it unless I love him - I've always been that weird. In fact, I was afraid I was meant for nunnery early on  because I was such a cold fish. Turns out, if I am going to give myself away its ALL the way, Baby - heart, body, mind and soul.

So, who is Red Phoenix? Just a fellow woman following her heart ~ no different than you. :)

~ Red

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Thank you for sharing part of yourself with us!

    Michelle V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... Michelle! You are my pick-me-up! I just want to wrap you in a pink bow and take you home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading one of your stories for free, I was hooked. And now I can't stop spending my money reading them! My usual genre to read and write is urban fantasy. I love your characters and the passion that just flies off of the pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DrRoslyn! I am always grateful when people take the time to comment. Being a fellow writer, I am sure you have heard the golden rule "show not tell". Well, I decided I would apply that to the erotic scene. None of that skimming over nonsense because we all want to feel what the character is feeling.

      I wish you much success and thank you for reading my work!

      ~Red

      Delete
  4. I agree whole heartedly about committed relationships. PS I love your Brie books. She is very normal and relatable =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know I'm not the only one who needs the commitment to release the inner animal. :) I am glad you find Brie relatable. I like that she has an independent spirit which finds harmony in submitting.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing. We are a result of our past but do not need to be ruled by it. Glad for your life since it produces such enjoyable works. We have a simple deal ...You write and I will read. Love and ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you jb! Hugs are always appreciated. :)

      ~Red

      Delete