Monday, June 4, 2012

May Numbers for Red Phoenix on Amazon

Oh wow, what a month May has been for this indie author! I noticed at the end of April that my book, Brie Learns to Obey, was rising in the ranks even though it had just been released. I had no idea then how well she would do in the month of May. So well, in fact, that I ended up continuing that series and putting my other projects to the wayside.

Brie's success on Amazon means that people are starting to look at my other work.  All of my books have done better this month than previous months. The month of May has been a joy ride. Whoop!

For the Month of May 2012:

6,079 books purchased (Keep in mind that I get .35 for every book sold)
71,212 freebies downloaded

Best Sellers for the Month of May: (Numbers not as laughable as the past few months.)

Paid - Brie Learns to Obey 2458, Brie Learns Her Power as a Submissive 1448 and Blissfully in Love 498
Freebies - Deeper Baby! 18158, Brie's First Day of Submissive Training 16983 and Blissfully Snowbound 11098

* For the month of May I added two books on Amazon and no additional books went FREE.


Quick Recap of Past Months:
Starting to rise

April:
878 books purchased         
29,879 freebies downloaded 

March:
693 books purchased
27,571 freebies downloaded 

February:
298 books purchased         
12,386 freebies downloaded 

What I am Learning:
You need to keep the momentum going once a series gets popular. Brie Lives Her Fantasy was just published May 30 and is doing impressively well in that short amount of time. I plan to publish the next Brie book by the end of the month. Doable if I work hard.

Part of my success is due to the popularity of Fifty Shades of Grey. I know this for a fact because I have fans on Facebook who have said as much. I am a lucky author because of timing.

There are small time "publishers" who will try to cash in on your indie success. Unless they can do more for you than you are doing now, my advice is to avoid them. They will just slow down the process and take 50% of what you make. (That is not to say there aren't reputable small publication companies out there, I just haven't been approached by any.)

I will update you next month to see how June pans out. You may or may not experience the same success, but there is no reason not to try if your heart is set on writing. 

Right now, I am one blown away indie author.  A big hug to all my readers!

6 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled for you Red!!!! You deserve this sucess
    so much. :)

    PS. No alias yet for me! I'll keep working on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm so glad to hear that May was such a great month for you! Here's hoping it just keeps getting better!

    Michelle V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you Red! I'm so happy it's going so well for you. You deserve it x infinity!

    ~Ava~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw...thanks. I hope it inspires other indies out there to give it a try. I was told by one publisher not to write romance because she felt my writing skills were lacking and relational encounters would be too hard for me. If I had listened to her I would have quit.

    Instead, I set out to prove her wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness you continue to prove her wrong...I for one am hooked on the Brie series and am anxiously waiting for the next book(s) and I'm willing to pay.
      Thank you Red!

      Delete
    2. Ticris Ga, thank you for the kind words! Brie #5 is coming out very, very soon! ;)

      Delete